Photo credit: Reames
Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you a delicious recipe, for spinach noodles, that I came across a few years ago. For awhile now, I have been using spinach to make my salads instead of lettuce and have really grown to love it! Never thinking to try it with pasta! (: Enjoy!
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- Toasted pine nuts, (optional)
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan. Add Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Place spinach in a clean cotton towel, enclose spinach in towel and squeeze out all excess moisture. Set aside.
- In same saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add Alfredo sauce, nutmeg, pepper and ham and heat until hot, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add spinach and cheese and mix to combine. Add noodles and heat 5 to 7 minutes longer or until noodles are heated throughly.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.
Notes: For a Lighter Option: Substitute Alfredo sauce with 2 tbsp. olive oil – 1 cup chicken stock – 1tbsp. corn starch & 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream. In a large skillet, heat olive oil; add chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the liquid by half. Dissolve soon starch in 2 tablespoons of water and whisk into the sauce. Lower heat; whisk in sour cream. Do not boil.
Much love and blessings… – Kimberly